Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Defining Contact Layouts...Need more space!

DDS

Defining Contact Layouts...Need more space!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I need to add a few more address lines to my layout so that there is 7 in total.  I added a couple more a while back, but I need to add 4 extra fields to the layout now.

My problem is that I do not have any more space on the layout.  Where can I put the fields?  I've attached a pic of the layout so you can see what I mean.  No - I haven't as I have no idea how to.  I assume everyone has had this problem though, and there is a simple way around it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Paul

Message Edited by DDS on 04-01-2010 04:29 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Defining Contact Layouts...Need more space!

Since you have run out of room on the main detail section, you can add a new tab to your layout on which to put the additional fields (or rearrange your layout more efficiently).  In the Layout Designer program > click on the Edit menu and select Tabs.  The next screen allows you to create the new tab.

For more information on designing layouts visit Design Layouts.

Greg Martin
Sage
DDS

Much appreciated Greg.  Smiley Happy

Paul

Bronze Contributor

One of the best things I've ever done was to go to a wide screen monitor.  I installed a 23" wide screen monitor this winter and the real estate available is overwhelming. 

I also use a laptop, so I have to deal with the scroll bar when I'm in the field.  But, quite honestly, I use ACT at my desk more than any where else. 

Screen Shot

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit