Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Define field option greyed out (dropdown)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Define field option greyed out (dropdown)

Hi, tried to search through the forum and knowledge base and i'm getting nowhere.

I'm trying to modify the competitor dropdown box to read as "Sector" with our own defined names.

However it appears to be greyed out.

We have accessed the copy through the server and ensured other users were locked out.

Can you shed any light.

Cheers

Iain

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iain McConnell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Define field option greyed out (dropdown)

Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking 'Define Fields' was grayed out. Modifying opportunity fields are limited to the user fields (opportunity 1, opportunity 2, etc...).  Unfortunately, you can only add drop down lists to opportunity fields with the Premium product - feature comparison chart.

View solution in original post

All Replies

You're either not logged into the database as an administrator or you're using a remote database.

I've tried as administrator and on the server.

Is the "competitor" field a system field so you can't modify it?

Also I renamed the "opportunity 1" field within user fields but i can't change it to a dropdown.

Any other modifications you can suggest would be welcomed.

Thanks

Solution
Accepted by topic author Iain McConnell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking 'Define Fields' was grayed out. Modifying opportunity fields are limited to the user fields (opportunity 1, opportunity 2, etc...).  Unfortunately, you can only add drop down lists to opportunity fields with the Premium product - feature comparison chart.

In fact, "Define Fields" is where I'm having my "grayed out" problem:

Under "Opportunities" I have several user fields I renamed.  One is "competitor", another is "Next Step", etc.  I would like to rename these, but I cannot becuase they are grayed out in Define Fields.  3 of 11 are grayed out, the other 8 are not.  I see no commonality among the 3 that are, and the 8 that are not.

Any thoughts?

Craig