Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Define Fields Question

Copper Contributor

Define Fields Question

I use ACT Pro 2013,  Version 15.1.108.0, I use a local database on my Windows 7 Professional computer.  I have a question about editing input fields.  I want to edit my input fields so that the text can wrap around.  To better explain.  I have a special side notes box on my screen that is about 3" long and 1.5" high. I would like to type in this box and have the text wrap around line by line until the text gets to the bottom. So far I cannot figure out how to do this.  As currently formatted, the text just moves on and on off the screen.  Thanks !

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Define Fields Question

You would need to use a memo field for that rather than a regular character field.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks Roy, that was very helpful.  I just tried this, and it works. Now, the problem is that the text runs off the end of the text box, leaving several letters out, then starts wrapping on the next line.  I have tried making the box longer, but same problem. Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't recall seeing that problem but regardless, you can force a new line using Ctrl + Enter.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129