Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Define Fields-Customize Field & List Behavior

Define Fields-Customize Field & List Behavior

In trying to "define fields," I am unable to deselect the "Limit to List - Allow users to select values from the drop down list only" box under the "Customize Field & List Behavior."  If anyone can offer insights into how to remedy this, please email me at joniRPI@aol.com.  I would appreciate the help!  Thank you.
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Define Fields-Customize Field & List Behavior

That is likely because the dropdown list itself is set to "limit to list", go back into define fields and manage dropdowns, and modify the properties on the dropdown your field is connected to.
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.

Dear Nikolas

Thank you for replying to my post.  I appreciate your taking the time.  I went into "manage drop downs" and both of these boxes are checked:

Allow users to edit items in this list

Automatically add new items users enter to this list

Is there another section of "properties" that I should be accessing to deselect the "limit to this list"?

Thank you again.

Joni

Copper Elite Contributor

No, that's just odd, create a new field with the same properties as the misbehaving one, and try to set the list options, once it's created do an edit->copy field from your old field to the new one. Delete the old field and rename your new one back to the old name. You will have to re-add the field to the layout, and it's annoying, but it should work.
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.