Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Default Associate With and Company

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

Default Associate With and Company

Well, the associate with field is one that has been there and gets filled in by default.  I just recently paid attention to the ... next to the "associate with" field in scheduling an activity.  Quite honestly, it appears to be grayed out, so I thought there was no way to change the content.  Of course I now know that is not the case.

I do have a question about default, though.

When filing history there are things that are more appropriately filed by company and some by the contact.  I do use eMailConnect which makes the selection process easy.

My question:  Is there a way to change the default of the associate field to nothing when scheduling an activity for a contact?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Default Associate With and Company

[ Edited ]

Hello John,

When you schedule an activity with a contact who is linked to a company, the Associate With field will automatically populate with that company. There is a option in Preferences to turn this setting on and off:

- Go to Tools >Preferences >Startup and click Company Preferences

- Uncheck the box for "Share new notes and histories on linked contacts..."

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello John,

When you schedule an activity with a contact who is linked to a company, the Associate With field will automatically populate with that company. There is a option in Preferences to turn this setting on and off:

- Go to Tools >Preferences >Startup and click Company Preferences

- Uncheck the box for "Share new notes and histories on linked contacts..."

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Contributor

In 2012 this Preference is under Admin