Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dates entered under the "User Fields" tab in ACT are off by one day

Dates entered under the "User Fields" tab in ACT are off by one day

We're using ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0 in our office.  Under the "User Fields" tab in ACT, we have several textboxes under this tab, named as "File #", "Case #", "Date Filed", and so on. 

I have been noticing that the "Date Filed" entry is always a day off.  At first, I thought it was just a typo.... but after seeing the same thing on 8 or more cases, this looks more like a software glitch to me.

So for example, if I open a random case, unless this case is one of those that I have previously corrected, ACT would show that the case was filed the day before it was actually filed.  For example, if the case was filed on 4/2/2011, ACT would show that it was filed on 4/1/2011.

Is there a way to fix this other than update the dates manually? We have several hundreds cases that we have on file.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Dates entered under the "User Fields" tab in ACT are off by one day

That's caused by a combination of the way MSSQL works and daylight saving time. All date field in MSSQL have a time component. when the time component isn't used it defaults to 12:00 AM (midnight). Along comes daylight savings time and any data entered while standard time was in effect becomes 11:00 PM the day before.

You didn't list your ACT! version and I thought they found a way around that problem in the later versions but I could be wrong.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Dates entered under the "User Fields" tab in ACT are off by one day

Thanks for your response!  Do you know if there is a way to fix this?  We're using ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0 in our office.