Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Date of Last Contact or "touch"

Date of Last Contact or "touch"

I'm trying to find a way to scan my contact list for the last time they were contacted in some way, be it email, telephone, etc. I tried customizing the columns by adding "last reach", "last results", etc. but quickly found that it didn't do what I wanted. I've experimented a little with doing a lookup with "Contact Activity" but that doesn't really work either. It's also more cumbersome than just having a field that always displays.

I've also looked for a way to add a field and write my own formula which should be relatively simple but I can't find a way to do that either. Wanting to know (at a glance) the last time someone was contacted seems like a perfectly reasonable desire so I must be missing something really obvious. What am I missing?

Re: Date of Last Contact or "touch"

Try looking up contact activity.

Lookup -> Contact Activity...

As I mentioned in my first post, I've tried using "Lookup>Contact Activity" but that does not give me what I want. I want to look down the list and see when I last contacted someone. "Contact Activity" only tells me if something has changed (or not) since a specific date. It does not let me answer at glance the question, "when was the last time I contacted that person?" I understand that I could get in the habit of looking up anyone I haven't contacted in say, one month, and just make it a point to contact them, but being human, it would be easier to be able to scan the list, see an important contact, realize it's been too long, etc., etc.

Even handier would be to have it show me something like "called, 9/16/08" or "emailed, 7/13/08". If I could define my own field and write a formula for it (as I would if i were creating my own database) that would be fine.

Yes you are right. As I recall, when I was recently using ACT6.0 and earlier, there were some addons..many free from Northwoods and Exponencial that gave you some of that information. I am still trying to make earlier shortcuts such as this and being able to drag a contact into the Mini Calendar, etc to work with ACT 2008. Not much luck with those keyboard shortcuts and Jeffery Mayer and Brad Sandy 100 Tools techniques yet. Let me know if you find something.

This is an old thread that I just came across today.  I'm using ACT! 2005 and would also like to have a Last Contact field on my screen.  Has anyone figured out a way to do this yet?