Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Date adding to template filename / Template folder structure mirroring back after sync

Copper Super Contributor

Date adding to template filename / Template folder structure mirroring back after sync

Hi,

I have an Act 2011 publisher database (latest version) and 2 remote databases that sync using LogMeIn Hamachi. 

Two of us run Windows 7 64 and one Windows Vista 32.

All templates are stored in sub folders: Documents, Act History and Email.  Email contains a second set of folders.

Two issues:

1. The date appears after the filename on some of the templates after syncing a number of times (and possibly only after editing the template after the remote database was created; I'm not sure).
  2. One of the remote databases has every template twice, one with dates after the filename and one without.  I assume this is a result of issue 1.
  3. The folder structure the templates are in replicates back within my folder structure after syncing.  For example, the original folder structure was templates/email/before a sale.  At some point after syncing, I have: templates/email/before a sale/email/before a sale.

I believe at some point, I might have had to manually copy the templates over to one or both subscriber databases, I can't remember.

I've seen posts about the date issue and apparently a fix was issued for an earlier version of Act.

Can anyone explain why all these issues are happening?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Date adding to template filename / Template folder structure mirroring back after sync

Can anyone help with the issue below?

The date appears after the filename on some of the templates after syncing.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Date adding to template filename / Template folder structure mirroring back after sync

The only way I've been able to stop this from happening is to move all templates into the 'root' "Templates" folder.  Not what I wanted but I don't appear to have a choice.

Yet another issue that still hasn't been resolved with Act about 3 years after I first saw this mentioned on these forums.