Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Date Ranges and Summary Fields

Date Ranges and Summary Fields

I've developed a Referral report listing Prospects that have been referred to our company.  It's a contact report.  I need a way to split out Referrals 2008 and Referrals 2009.  I'm using the Create Date field as my Date field. How do I specify 2008 date range for 2008 and 2009 date range for 2009?

Also, same report....I need a way to count the values in a certain field.  I have an ID/Status field with values Warm Lead, Cold Lead, etc.  I need to show on the report

Warm Lead (total # contacts)

Cold Lead (total # of contacts)

Total (Warm Lead # plus Cold Lead #)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Date Ranges and Summary Fields

The ACT! reports don't have any built in filtering for dates for the contact table. Grouping would be one option except the grouping by date is by the whole date. I've been able to do pseudo filtering in the contact table using VB script programming. It should be possible to pick up the records for one year that way and would then require running the report separately for each year you wanted to report on.

the counting is easier though it depends on how many individual types you have in the ID Status field. If you want counts on all the types you can do that as a part of grouping on ID Status and placing the ID Status field in either the appropriate section header or footer with the field properties set to do a count. However, if you want a count of two specific ID Status types, that would nave to be done using VB script programming.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I've heard mention of VB script programming before. I do not know it though.  How would I go about learning how to do simple VB programming for ACT?
Platinum Elite Contributor

The VB script programming itself isn't that complicated. There are several books available including download information from Microsoft. However, most books tend to be overkill for what you would need to use in the ACT! reports. The actual ACT! report template used XML coding but it allows embedding of VB sscript programming to extend the capabilities of the report engine. The trick is that the VB script programming must be integrated with the report structure for it to execute correct and produce the desired results.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129