Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database

Copper Contributor

Database

My default database comes up without a password. I can't remember if I ever set one. Now I need it to synch files and I don't know it. Is there a way to find it in the system?
Silver Contributor

Re: Database

Try you name first last with no password. If this doesn't work, most ACT consultants can help with this.
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Super Contributor

If you open Act! and are not presented with a sign-on screen - asking for username and password - that is an indication that you are the only 'active' user in the database and that you have no password.  You can double check your Username by opening the database and going to Tools > Manage Users > look at the Username column.  Should you need/want to reset your password, you can double click on your username and then use the 'Reset Password' button.

Note: Even if you have no password, the password field will show 8 astericks.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks Greg,

But even though I did that, and confirmed the password, AND refreshed, AND shut down and restarted, the wizard would STILL not let me export and is still claiming that the log on info is incorrect. We're trying to synch DBs and I need to export.

Platinum Super Contributor

It sounds like you are exporting from your database - if that is the case, on the Specify Destination screen you will enter the username and password for the other/target database. 

Are the 2 databases located on the same computer?  If they are different computers, are the versions of Act! the same (Help > About Act!)?

Greg Martin
Sage