Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database

Database

[ Edited ]
I have just upgraded to Act 11.0 from Act 8.00. I am having trouble opening my old database. It is asking me for a username and a password. I do not believe I had this database password protected. How can I open this up. Any Suggestions. 
Message Edited by briancg on 11-28-2008 06:35 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Database

To open an ACT! database you will always need to have a username, but a password is optional.  The first user is created when the database is created and is by default whatever the contact name of the user is..most typically "FirstName LastName".  If you don't think you have a password, then try different variations of your name (ie, Joe Smith, Joe, jsmith, joes, etc.)  The username is not case sensitive.  If there is a password and you don't remember it, then you will need to contact ACT! Technical Support to have your password reset. You can also try opening the database in Act 8.0 then viewing the username and (if needed) resetting the password from the Tools/Manage Users option, then converting it to 11.0

You can contact Support using the phone number provided with your support plan or at (800)927-3989.  Support hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 8:30pm EST.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.