Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database wont open after moving files

Database wont open after moving files

I have ACT 2009.  I recently restored my database but moved all the files to a different location on my computer.  It worked fine but the next day I tried to open the database from the new location and it said that the database could not be accessed and Check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Database wont open after moving files

It sounds like you were able to open the database successfully after moving it; if that is true, it is most likely the SQL service is not started.  Here is an article with instructions for starting the service: KB Article 28216

Greg Martin
Sage

its not the Sql server because they are all on automatic.

But when I go to the actdiag and click on the database and click check database it fixes the isse and the database opens up.  Any ideas?

Platinum Super Contributor

Once the database is open, have you tried running Check and Repair (under Tools > Database Maintenance)?

You may want to try creating a backup of the database (File > Backup > Database) and then restore it to a new name (File > Restore > Database > Restore As) and see if the new copy has the same issue. If it doesn't, you can then use the new copy as your main database.
Greg Martin
Sage