Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database not responding

Database not responding

I am using Act 2007.  We have 2 users.  My computer is the server and our other employee has to wait til I turn on my computer to access Act.  We share a database and this has worked just fine since I installed 2007 until last week.  Half way through the day her database quit responding.  Was recommended that maybe her contact was corrupt so we created a new contact for her and that did not work.  We also figured out that on my computer if we click on her contact mine quits responding.  Can someone help.

Thanks,

Karen

Re: Database not responding

So ACT! freezes when either of you try to access her contact?  I'm suspecting that its a large number of notes, histories or activities that is trying to load.  To determine this, login with your name and set filters for that tabs to only display information for Today.  Then try to access her contact.

Good Morning David and thanks for the info.  I did what you suggested and we still can't log into the data base using her sign in but it did allow me to veiw her task list.  So what we did is we let her address her tasks using my log in yesterday although when we clicked on the activities tab it did not show the contact has having an activity attached to them.  By mid afternoon my computer had slowed down and was sluggish.  This morning I can't get ACT to load the data base.  I had an IT guy that we use occasionally come in and see if he could help and he suggested that maybe our database is too large for the version of Act that we are using.  We have 3,476 contacts in this data base.  Please help.

Karen

Try rebuilding your user preferences.

1. Close ACT!
  2. Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
        For Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
  3. Delete the following files if present: preferencesBak.XML, preferencesBak3.xml, preferencesBak6.xml, preferencesBak9.xml
  4. Open the Preferences folder and delete USPreferences206.xml and USPrefrences208.xml.old
  5. Open ACT!