Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database keeps Unsharing itself

Database keeps Unsharing itself

We recently upgraded our computers to Windows 10 Pro.  We have Act! Pro Version 19.1.63.0, Update 6 installed on 6 office computers.  The database is on one computer and is shared by everyone else. 

However, almost once a week, the database randomly unshares itself!!   Very frustrating.  Every time it happens we go to the file menu within ACT on the computer that holds the database and click on the "open/share database.." option to open the dialog box. The blue box has always changed  to "Share" in front of our database and we have to choose to share it again!

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and if there's a way to stop it?  When we were on Windows 7 it worked just fine.

Thanks for your help,

Sandra

Employee

Re: Database keeps Unsharing itself

Maybe Microsoft SQL is cutting out

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog box
  2. In the Run dialog box, type services.msc, then press Enter
  3. Scroll down to and right-click SQL Server (ACT7), then choose Properties
  4. Under the General tab, change the Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start), then click Apply
  5. Click the Recovery tab
  6. For the First failure drop-down, select Restart the Service
  7. For the Second failure drop-down, select Restart the Service
  8. For the Subsequent failures drop-down, select Run a Program
  9. For the Restart service after option, set to 5 minutes

Re: Database keeps Unsharing itself

Thanks Carl.

I have followed your instructions and so far the database has not unshared itself.  However, I am waiting for a Windows 10 update to "automatically" restart my computer.  I think it happens every time that goes through as well.  Windows 10 automatic updates has been a problem with multiple programs.  Wishing I could turn them off and manually update on a regular basis!

Sandra