Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database is currently performing synchronization and cannot complete your request at this time

Copper Contributor

Database is currently performing synchronization and cannot complete your request at this time

I am running the current version of version 19.1 on my laptop.

Yesterday, I was out of the office using my remote database.  I wanted to sync my database this AM.

My remote database is 15,414 KB.

After 20 minutes, Database modifications had not completed.

Now, the whole thing is only 15,414 KB.  The modifications that I did yesterday were not extensive, right?

I cancelled the sync because I want to retry the sync.

When I click on Synchronize Now, I get the message: The database is currently performing synchronization and cannot complete your request at this time.

Thirty minutes later ( 30 ) I still get this message.

So, now I am at 50 minutes of more down time with ACT.

QUESTION:  

Will I ever have a day that ACT works as represented pre-sale?

I ask because every day, every day, I have to fix the ACT technical problem du jour, causing this small business owner more lost money because I cannot earn money.

So, I am stuck.  I cannot work.  I have no clue as to the consequences of ending ACT and the ensuing risk of corrupting my 15,414 KB database for which ACT cannot sync in 50 minutes.  GOOD GRIEF!  What am I in for if I am so lucky as to get ACT to work sufficiently well as to get it to 20 KB?  Will I be on my knees begging or in bankruptcy court?

Nickel Contributor

Re: Database is currently performing synchronization and cannot complete your request at this time

Try closing act! and then restarting it to see if this clears the issue with not being able to synchronise. If this doesn't work try killing the act!(32bit) process and then re-open act!.

Copper Contributor

Re: Database is currently performing synchronization and cannot complete your request at this time

Thanks for your response.

With great fear and trepidation, I did this and it worked.

However, I did not request a resolution.  And, the action that I undertook is not a final resolution.  Furthermore, no paying small business owner should ever be forced to take this action, right?  I am confident, this is a workaround for problematic software which will generate this error again, right?

I posed another question, for which I would like some input from the community.  I'm dead pan serious.  I am fixing ACT more than I am using it in my business.  I am yet again waiting for ACT tech support to call me on another issue.  It seems that I have to sit by the phone waiting for return calls from ACT Technical Support rather than engaging the clients that pay me money so that I can pay for this Sage software.

Nickel Contributor

If you look at this website you will get the support number and I'm sure Swiftpage Act! support will help as long as you have a support contract with them https://www.act.com/lp/contact-us

plus it's not Sage that own the software it's Swiftpage.