Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database help

Database help

Hi. I'm new and was wondering if anyone can help this situation. I have ACT 2008 standard edition version 10. We are a recruiting company. The database needs a client side where data for all the existing and possible clients are stored. The other side is the consultants side where data for the company providing the consultants are stored. The one managing the clients' info should not have access to the consultants' info and vice versa. However, there will be times where data is matched up from both sides. For instance, client XYZ needs 4 Unix admins. The 4 positions will be used to search for possible consultants. What's the best way of managing these data? Would two databases be best? If so, how can the "link" be created? Would one database be better? If so, how hard is it to manage the database since all info is together? Thanks in advance.

Re: Database help

Anyone? I have another question. Can a number of companies be classified under one group? For example, company1, company2, and company3 will fall under a "client" group.
Platinum Elite Contributor

With the Premium version, you can set Limited Access so specific teams of users can see ranges of Contacts, Companies and Groups. You can't do this in the standard version.

Only contacts can be in Groups, not Companies... but you might be able to use the Divisions for the Companies and the Parent to collect them

For the limited accessing, I might use criteria and sync sets.  The division idea was a good one.  Will try to figure things out.  Thanks for the valuable input.