Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database file wont open!

Tuned Listener

Database file wont open!

Hi everyone

I am using ACT Professional 8 on a domain computer with 2 licences and three other laptops on the network. I recently moved the files to a virtual PC as being on my laptop was a little awkward becuase I am out often. Only two users are on at the same time.

I changed the details contaned in the PAD file o reflect the new computer - Host "virtualcomp2" Location "c:\ACT database\file name.adf".

Only the local machine can access the file, no others. I have checked that Sql is running on the Act instance, I have tried he repair function via the Act diag box to no avail. I really need to get the DB shared for other users. The only comon factor may be the same serial number, however even when the DB isnt open on the local machine it still cant be access by the other users.

The computer is fully accessible and is on the domian so there shouldnt be an issue with user names etc, een though we dont get that far. Act is in the firewall exception list as well.

Any ideas???

InhouseTech

Re: Database file wont open!

Tuned Listener

Hi David

Thanks for the article, however I have been through this several times and looked at all options to no avail.

Any other ideas? 

CP

Tuned Listener

Any other ideas??? I really need to get this DB shared ASAP.

CP