Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database duplication

Database duplication

Good morning, all -

First time user, here......

We have ACT! 2011 with a database of over 3000 contacts.  We have it on a network with 2 users.  The boss has the "server" and my computer accesses the info from his.  He has the automatic synching set up between ACT! and Outlook.

Some time between last Thursday and today, our database was been completely duplicated.  The only thing I've done differently (and it was prior to Thursday) was to spend some time doing lookups by ID, and adding those contacts to Groups.  

I can't possibly fathom what I could have done to duplicate the database, and wonder what I can do to erase the duplicates, other than manually.  

Can anyone help?  Thanks so much!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Database duplication

I've seen that happen from time to time when syncing with Outlook ... especially if Outlook sync's to anything else (like Exchange or a phone/tablet)

I usually avoid using it ... or at least set it to only sync one-way (from ACT!)

Hi Mike -

Thanks for the reply.  I've already disabled the synching on my computer - it's still enabled on the server.  Do you have any recommendations for a quick fix or do I have to go through each and every of the 6000 records to decide which 3000 to keep?

Here's hoping you have SOME good news for me.................

Thanks for your help!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'd disable the Outlook sync altogether.

If you think to much has changed to go back to a backup, have a look at DedupeWizard
http://www.egenconsulting.com/egcproducts.html