Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database design question:

Database design question:

I am trying to add fields to the customer contact and can't get them to save. I go to the tools-define fields- click on the field give it a new name and what info I need in the box (ie numbers) and then click out to find that the field name has not been changed. Example: Instead of (Title) I need to put (Agent) try to change the field name where it directs but as soon as I click out it has not changed. I exit the program and restart but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Rachel

Bronze Contributor

Re: Database design question:

My first thought is to ask if you are confusing field name with the name that is added to the layout.

When you go back in to change the field name using | Tools | Define Fields | .... do you see that the field name has been changed?

You will need to go to | Tools | Design Layout | and change the field name from "Title" to "Agent" and click out.

That reminds me, some where along the way as you click out, you are asked if you want to keep the changes.  Can we assume you answer yes to that

question?

I assume you are using ACT 2010. 

Maybe one of the more learned folks can suggest another reason why the changes don't stick.  Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit