Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database could not be found / SQL server (Act7) isn't installed

Database could not be found / SQL server (Act7) isn't installed

Over the past couple of days,

I just did a complete / clean Uninstall / Install because original SQL files were corrupt.  I went through registry, emptied temp files, removed/uninstalled all SQL files.

Clean installation happened, but cannot find SQL Server (Act7) at all.  So I can check to see if it is on.

The only files that were installed were:

SQL Active Directory Helper Service

SQL Server Browser

SQL Server VSS Writer

The database shows up, but when I point to it, the dabase could not be accessed error.  In order to access this database, check you network connection and verify database server is available.

So I go to SQL (services.msc) and make sure all the above are active and they are.  However, I can't find this SQL Server (act7) gagdet

I've read through a lot of posts but can't rememdy this situation.  I am wondering if some of those hotfix's might be the solution.

I tried to dpwnload those, but those all install as errors too.

Re: Database could not be found / SQL server (Act7) isn't installed

Whoops, forgot to add:

Version Act! 2011

Microsoft Office 2007

Database on local machine (private database)

Windows 7 Operating system

Bronze Super Contributor

If the SQL Server (ACT7) isn't appearing in your list of services, then an instance of SQL for Act! is not installed.

This KB may help: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26994/

Thanks for the tip, thouigh I have Act 2011, this referred to Act 2013, and it looked familiar in set up.

This error appeared as soon as I reached the (ACT7) addition.  Not much of an error message, cant tell what this means.

TITLE: SQL Server Setup failure. ------------------------------ SQL Server Setup has encountered the following error: sku. ------------------------------ BUTTONS: OK ------------------------------

Bronze Super Contributor

To me that would indicate that there are still remnants of the ACT7 SQL instances still there.

I'd suggest a very (read VERY) careful removal of any of those remnants is required, or a nuke-and-pave of the machine (often the quickest way to resolution for this problem).

The problem is that SQL has not un-installed properly.

Bronze Super Contributor

Kenn,

From many years experience I think this could be because you have .NET 4 installed.  Uninstall .NET 4 and try again.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org