Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database access denied. ***Revised 9/15/08 10:30 PM PST*** Password recovery

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Database access denied. ***Revised 9/15/08 10:30 PM PST*** Password recovery

[ Edited ]

First, this is most assuredly my fault.  I was hired by a company that uses a single user version of ACT! by Sage 2006 Version 8.0.2.82 on a laptop running Windows XP Pro Ver 2002, SP3; that has had multiple users over the years.  There was so much personal crap on the computer from the former users that I have spent days removing junk.  Some how I got to a couple of places where the computer was using a name of a former user, so I changed the name to “Sales Laptop”.  This includes the computer name in the system properties folder in control panel, plus other locations that I can’t even find anymore.  Immediately, ACT would not access the database.  And I can’t remember what the original names were in each of the different locations that I had changed.  ***revised *I was able to find the info I needed in the PAD file.*** To further the issue, the owner of the database had it protected but we don’t know what the password was.  It wasn’t a big deal because every time ACT was opened the user and password info always autopopulated and you only needed to press enter and the database would load.  ***revised*the database user info is filled in automatically, but the password is gone.***  It will open the demo database.  ***revised* Now all I need is  to know how do I recover a lost password???***

Thanks in advance for any support you may have to offer.

Bryan

Message Edited by imafifer on 09-15-2008 10:28 PM
Message Edited by imafifer on 09-15-2008 10:30 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author imafifer
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Database access denied. ***Revised 9/15/08 10:30 PM PST*** Password recovery

You will need to contact ACT! Technical Support.  They can remote in to the machine and use a special utility to reset the password so you can gain access to the database.

ACT! Technical Support

(800) 927-3989

Monday-Friday

8:30am - 8:30pm EST

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author imafifer
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Database access denied. ***Revised 9/15/08 10:30 PM PST*** Password recovery

You will need to contact ACT! Technical Support.  They can remote in to the machine and use a special utility to reset the password so you can gain access to the database.

ACT! Technical Support

(800) 927-3989

Monday-Friday

8:30am - 8:30pm EST

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

I have a similar situation.  We have an employee who left and had an individual database on his laptop.  He had the database password protected, but we do not know what password he used.  I called customer support and was sent a form to fill out and send back in.  My question is, seriously, this cannot be done unless I pay $100?  Seems like if they access the computer remotely it should take all of 5 minutes.  This is not even a database we are going to use again, we just need to get his latest customer history and create a copy of it so that we have it if there are any questions about it later.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
TCK - The Trust Company of Kansas
khodson@tckansas.com
Nickel Super Contributor

Kadon, check your private messages, Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)