Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Size

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Database Size

I have just deleted 1700 contacts from my database of 3500 contacts.  The size before was 107 mb. and after the purge it did not change in size.   Granted there was no notes or history for these contacts, but I thought that the size of the database would be substantially decreased when I deleted half of my contacts.   Is this normal?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Database Size

Thanks,  that was the first thing I did after deletions.   The size didn't change.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello victord66,
When you delete a large amount of data from the database, it is best practice to run maintenance on the database. Go to Tools>Database Maintenance>Check & Repair, run the repair and the reindex, and see if that changes the database size.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thanks,  that was the first thing I did after deletions.   The size didn't change.

Platinum Elite Contributor

If those contacts had no linked data associated with them, such as activities, history, notes, etc., then they would take up hardly any space at all. So deleting them would not really change the size of the database. If you haven't already done, you may also want to run the reindex from the ACT! Diagnostics utility, then click the Refresh button and check the db size.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Greig. That did free up a small amount.