Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Missing

Database Missing

Hope someone can help, all of a sudden my database with all of my contacts are gone.
I'm pretty sure I didn't delete it. All I have left is the demo. It has been working fine for the past 2 years... It seems the database I used is completly missing. 
I did  have it synced to my treo using Act for Palm, however does anyone know a way to get the data from the treo back into Act?
I am searching for where I backed it up, but as of yet I can find it either.
Thank you
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Database Missing

Lets start with the basics... what version of ACT! - from Help | About?
Is this on a stand-alone PC or a network?
Do you know what was done before it disappeared?

Hi Mike-- thanks for the reply... I have resolved the problem by finding an old backup of my act 6 DB.

I loaded that data in and it is workiing now, just have to go back and update many contacts.
I use  act for Palm for my treo750, and I use Act 2006, and running 1gig memory on my lapptop.
I do have a question, if I upgraded to the moste recent ACT version, would I also have to upgrade to the most recent version of ACT for Palm? Currently my Act 6 is so slow to open--- does the newer version open any faster?
thank you for your help
Tom
Platinum Elite Contributor

You say ACT! 6 and ACT! 2006 at different points... these are quite different. Which do you have?

How many contacts in your database?

There is an ACT! for Palm 3.0 for ACT! 2008... I haven't used this, but I would think you would need to upgrade it as well as ACT!