Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Maintenance Error. Please Help!

Tuned Listener

Database Maintenance Error. Please Help!

When performing database maintenance (check and repair) in ACT (v9) get message

"An error has been found. For this to be fixed a database lock will need to be applied would you like to repair the database?"

I click "yes" the database locks and nothing else happens.

I opened the ACT Diagnostics tool, chose check database and received an error page referencing details such as:

"Table error: Object ID 1394104007, index ID 1, partition ID 72057594059948032, alloc unit ID 71867483061420032 (type LOB data). The off-row data node at page (1:766), slot 3, text ID 108462080 is not referenced."

This same sequence continues several times. The only changes in the additional information is a change in data node page, slot No., and text ID.

I would copy it here but unable to cut and paste. If there is a suggestion on how to cut and paste I would be happy to supply the information.

Cannot perform repair or reindex from ACT Diagnostics.

Please help.

Re: Database Maintenance Error. Please Help!

Chris,

This is more likely a corrupted database.  To verify, try running the same steps on another database.  If you don't have another database, use the ACT! demo or create a new one.

If can try saving a copy of the database or save an empty copy + import (File | Save Copy As).

How to Create an Empty Copy of Your ACT! Database

How to Import Contact Data From an Existing ACT! Database into Another ACT! Database

If its a multi-user database, be sure to follow the link below.

How To Import a Multi-User Database and Retain the Record Manager in ACT!

Tuned Listener

Re: Database Maintenance Error. Please Help!

Your advice resolved the issue. Thanks for you help.