Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Locked

Database Locked

I recently downloaded the latest updates for act. When I went to log back into this database I am getting the following message

"The database you are trying to access has been locked by an administrator. Please try again later"

All users are administrators and I dont have an option to unlock?

Copper Contributor

Re: Database Locked

Go to actdiag and unlock the db
Kay Hughes
Act Certified Consultant

THANK YOU!!!!!! Hours of pulling my hair out and it was such an easy fix...........

Hi Kay,

How do you get to actdiag?  I searched in help and it didn't tell me how to access it.

Thank you in advance.

Dan Dempsey 

- Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run.

- Type actdiag (ACT! 2007/2008/2009), act8diag (ACT! 2006), or act7diag (ACT! 2005), and then click OK.

I recently downloaded the latest updates for act. (I have ACT 2009) When I went to log back into this database I am getting the following message "The database you are trying to access has been locked by an administrator. Please try again later" All users are administrators and I dont have an option to unlock?

How do I get back in? When I went to actdiag in my run menu, it asks for a .zip file. I backed up the database but don't know where the computer put it!!

Help please!

Sounds like its opening an older version of actdiag.  Go to C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows and open actdiag.exe.  Then click on Databases > Database List.  Right click your database and select Unlock.

did as directed. found actdiag. it then gave another error message. tried again and it would not show actdiag.exe. but did show actdiag.exe.config.

now what. have lost about 4-5 hours of work time.

still locked out and can't sync with outlook using act 2012 pro.

Bronze Super Contributor

You should have invested in an Act! Consultant. Cheaper and quicker.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org