Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Information

Database Information

I have a rep that I want to e-mail the basic contact information to him (Contact Detail Page).  Is there a quick way of doing that without having to convert the information to a Report format first?

Thanks,

Scott
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Database Information

A quick way to get the basic contact information is this... While on the Contact detail record in ACT (with no text selected), press Ctrl+C to copy the basic information. In the email window, press Ctrl+V to paste the information. You should see the contact name, title, company, phone, fax, address, and email address.
Susan Clark
ACT! Certified Consultant
Cornerstone Solutions, Inc.
Platinum Elite Contributor

With Ctrl-C you don't get to pick which fields, although if it has the fields you want, it's quick and easy.

If it's the only record in a lookup, you can go to the Contact List View, Select the fields you want by customising the colums, Export to Excel and copy from there

I think there's an add-on that allows you to select which field are copied to the clipboard, but not sure who did it
Copper Super Contributor

You can do a similar action in a contact list view. When you tag all of the contacts in the contact list view, it captures the same information for each contact. Might come in handy if you're wanting the same information for multiple contacts.
Copper Contributor

Does ACT offer these add ons? or do I have to get them from 3rd party??