Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Disconnect

Database Disconnect

When I shut down my computer and reboot, there are many times that I lose the link to my database and cannot reconnect or manually open my database or even the sample database.  The only way that I have been able to correct the problem is to install Act and reinstall.  Every time I shut down I cross my fingers that I will not loose the database link.  Anyone else having any issue?  I am running WIndows 7 and Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Database Disconnect

What error are you receiving when you attempt to open the database?  It is most likely that the SQL Server (ACT7) service is not running.  See this article for instructions on starting the service: KB Article 28216

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello jhvansciver,
This sounds like the SQL Server is not starting up automatcially when you reboot. Please see the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2821...

Be sure to follow the steps in the article to ensure the SQL Server service is set to run automatically.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you, I will give it a shot.  I am out of town tomorrow, but Thursday I will take a good look.