Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Can Not Be Accessed

Database Can Not Be Accessed

I am new to ACT! and this week when attempting to open ACT! 2012, I was unable to because the database could not be accessed. The error then tells me to check my network connection, but the database is located on my computer, not on a shared network drive. The .PAD file is locked, but I have not changed my firewall / security settings, and don't believe I have done anything to those files in particular, except to back them up.

Last week the same issue occurred, but after restarting my computer, the issue appeared to be fixed. I have tried that multiple times this week, to no avail. 

I was sent a troubleshooting URL, of which I tried the suggested options, there were about ten, and none seemed to make sense or work. Please help, I need these contacts to get in touch with again.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Database Can Not Be Accessed

Hello Elizabeth,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Most likely the 'SQL Server (ACT7)' service is not starting properly.  Use the following article to check the service and start it: KB Article 28216

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Platinum Super Contributor

I'll take that as a success! Smiley Happy

Note: If this continues to occur and you have a Vista or Windows 7 operating system, change the 'Startup Type' property from 'Automatic' to 'Automatic - Delayed Start'. There may be conflicts during the startup that are causing the service to fail to start. The article shows how to check for 'Automatic'... you'd just need to choose 'Automatic - Delayed' instead.
Greg Martin
Sage