Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Access

Database Access

My orginal information was wrong when i created my database.  I tried to change this information but ACT would not let me.  I changed that user to browse only and created a new user and gave them the administrator title.  Now I cannot access my database through either.  My second is not authorized because I can only have one authorized user yet act allowed me to create this change.  Now I can't access through my original either.  Is this database lost and I just need to start over?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Database Access

If your database is brand new and you have an easy way to repopulate it (ex: import from an Excel spreadsheet or Outlook), then it may be quickest just to start with a new database. 

If you had begun updating your original database, you can try creating a new database and then import the data from the original into the new.  During the import it will ask for a username for the original database, use the second username you added as administrator (the first one set to Browse does not have a sufficent authority level). 

So, you will open the new database > go to File > select Import > choose Act Database as the type and browse to the original database PAD file, then enter the username on this screen.

For instructions and screenshots for importing an Act database into another Act database, visit this Knowledgebase article:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1753...

Greg Martin
Sage