Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Data Syncheronization

Data Syncheronization

Hi All,

I have a home network with a desktop and a notbook. I made a public folder and copied the ACT data base to that, in both of my desktop and notebook hoping that no matter which one I use the data base would get updated (Syncheronized) automatically when ever I have both computer connedted to the internet at home. But nothing happenning and my information does not get updated.

Can somebody help me and tell me what did I wrong and what can I do to make it work.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Regards

Mojeane

Re: Data Syncheronization

Hi,

i See that you are trying to share the database. Please go through the following KB article in which you can find more!

http://tinyurl.com/6b6yb5

Note: The above article is for ACT! 2008

My "share Database" in Database managemet is inactive?????

Any comment?

Hi All;

It is over a week that I would like to only syncheronize my databases in notebook with Desktop and followed many instrucion but still no success.

Would anybody know a simple approach to this. I am ok by using the USB key to just updated the records but every time I do back up and want to restore on another system it tells me that a database with the same name exist and I nweed to make a new one. Really exhusted, I appreciate your help in advance. My objective is that I have a notebook that I use out side and some times I work in house with my desktop which both have the same version of ACt and I only want to ensure that any changes that happens in any of those databases would reflect in other one and both laptop and notebook have the updated records.

Thanks

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Data Synchronization

You need to properly setup synchronization to do what you want. As you have found, the database can't be shared via a USB key. Here is a link to the knowledgebase for several articles on synchronization.

http://tinyurl.com/5gg8ut

You might also consider contacts an ACC in your area to help setup synchronization for you.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com