Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DIALER DOES NOT WORK

DIALER DOES NOT WORK

My dialer will not work.  Using ACT V18.2 with Windows 10.  After a re-boot it will connect one call and on subsequent attempts the error message "cannot connect call" appears.  Have tried two external modems: a Conexant CX93010 and then purchased a Hiro V.92 when another member with same issue said that worked for him.  Same issue with both modems.

Re: DIALER DOES NOT WORK

Hi GTO61,

Has anything changed with your environment recently? updates/new software, also if you could mention the dialer software you are using, is it inbuilt or are you using a 3rd party software?

I am using the referenced Conexant USB modem with its driver.  Apparently nothing internal to the Dell PC.  There is a dialer in Windows 10 which apparently interfaces with the ACT dialer.  In any event after making my post, I downloaded the latest update for V18.  Then I had an interruption in internet service this morning and when it was up I made a call and it went through.  Then I connected on a second and a third.  All went through.  Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Also, FYI yesterday I did update the software for my wireless Logitech mouse.

Thank you for the support.

Dialer has stopped working again.  No work-arounds work.  Nothing goes through after I click 'Phone Contact'

All the more important as we now have 10 digit dialing mandatory.

I have found some articles which maybe useful, we would need to narrow down if the issue is with the Act! Dialer or with the connected modem not allowing a dial out. 

If it is the Modem side causing the problem, I will preface that i do not have much experience with this setup but potentially updating / reinstalling drivers may resolve this.

KB 18371 - Troubleshooting the ACT! Dialer

KB 13810 - How To Set Up and Configure the ACT! Dialer

Bronze Elite Contributor

I see you have Windows 10 and I have just had yet another update a day or so ago and wonder if you did as well that may be at the back of this. Removing and re-installing the drivers for the modem may help.

Sorry, nothing works.  I may go to act support and pay someone for help.

Thanks for trying.

Jerry