Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DELETING multiple Company Accounts

Tuned Listener

DELETING multiple Company Accounts

Short Version: Is there a way to delete multiple company's or Multiple Contact's?

Long Version:  

Program: ACT! 2007 Version 9

System: Windows XP

History: Our I.T. department sync 3 new computers into our network so now they can sync into my database.  That has worked out fine and we are content with the program. I am the only one who has taken the time to read and study ACT and have been using it solely for the past year.

Problem: I.T. attempted to import company and contact information into our main database without consulting me first on it.  The information they entered didn't show up on my screen so they kept trying.  Eventually they gave up and moved on.  

I came in and begain to define fields and adjust the layouts to fit our new requirements.  After several hours of updating I saved, made a back up and went to lunch.  When I came back I switched views and noticed that we went from 818 accounts to 4982 accounts in the company list system. All of which are duplicates of the companies we already have in the system.

Question: Normally I would just use an existing back up but then I lose all the data fields I just uploaded.

Is there a way to delete multiple company's or Multiple Contact's?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: DELETING multiple Company Accounts

Unfortunately you can delete multiple Companies...they can only be deleted one at a time.

You can delete mutliple contacts by highlighting them on the Contact List, right-clicking and choosing Delete.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.