Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DATE FIELD SEARCH FEATURES MISSING

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

DATE FIELD SEARCH FEATURES MISSING

I upgraded from 6.0 to 2008.  I discovered an important feature that is missing for me - date field searches. I used to be able to pull up all records that had a month of June in a date field.  That is key for me. I need to find all records in the data base that have insurance policies that renew in any particular month. Regardless of the year!!!  6.0 did that very well. I also miss the date fields not having the feauture of being able to click an arrow to go back or forward one full year. I have to click it 12 times now to go one year. I tried sending a suggestion from the suggestion link on the forum page, but the link doesn't work. I'm going to try a work around. I'm going to change the date fields that I need this feature from a date field to a character field. Hope I don't lose data!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: DATE FIELD SEARCH FEATURES MISSING

tbudde wrote:

I'm going to change the date fields that I need this feature from a date field to a character field. Hope I don't lose data!

Don't do that! You might try changing the date field to an annual event field and do your lookup for annual events.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

tbudde wrote:

I'm going to change the date fields that I need this feature from a date field to a character field. Hope I don't lose data!

Don't do that! You might try changing the date field to an annual event field and do your lookup for annual events.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks, man!  Worked great. I now set up a group that is dynamic - all policies that typically renew in the next 60 days are added to the group.  Too bad Sage support nor pre-sales knew enough about the program to suggest your solution.