Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customizing contact

Customizing contact

I am working on a new tab for my contact records and in there I am trying to list certain companies associated with this contact. Is there a way to insert a company field into a custom page so that when you click on the company it takes you to that company's record? (Just like how it does at the top of the contact record when you click on the company name)

Thanks

Bronze Contributor

Re: Customizing contact

If you link the contact to the company on the front screen click on the link will take you to the company record. Have a look in the demo database for examples.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can also connect it to multiple companies in the Groups/Companies Tab - change the "Show for:" selector to Companies

This is for a commercial real estate brokerage and what I am trying to do is create a "rent roll" within the new tab that I have labeled as "Seller's Property". This office building has ten suites and ten separate tenants (companies). In this new tab, I have created 10 rows with several columns including unit #, tenant's name, size, lease rate, etc. What I am trying to do is have it so that I can select the tenant (company) the same way I do at the top of the contact record where you can link a company to the contact. I specialize in medical office buildings in one particular city so most of the tenants are already in my database.

I'm just wondering if there is not a way to somehow duplicate the company field at the top of the contact record and insert this into the "rent roll"

Thanks again 

Not without some work via the SDK... have you looked at the Groups/Companies tab? You can select the Company fields to display via Options

Yes, I saw where you can add and show multiple companies under the Groups tab, thanks. I guess that will have to do for now until I figure out how to insert the company fields in the new tab