Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customizing a Sold Equipment Report

Customizing a Sold Equipment Report

I have Act! 2006 and have made of copy of the Pipeline report and changed it to be a sold equipment report.  I have changed the Opportunity User Field 1 to Commission and would like to total up this field on my report.

Format(Field14, "Currency") is listed on the report for Total.  Where do you find the Field number? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Customizing a Sold Equipment Report

When you go to the Report Designer (Reports/Edit Template), press the F4 button on your keyboard to display the Properties box on the right. Then highlight the field on the template and look in the box at the top of the Properties box. You should see the field number displayed (ex. Field25 Field).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

What you have run into is the main reason that I recommend that you start report templates from scratch (except for reports that you have created) rather than trying to modify one of the standard reports. The Field14 that you refer to is the template object name for the field. All objects in the template, fields, labels, etc., have an object name and that object name can be almost anything. Unfortunately the object names used for fields in the standard reports have no relationship to the actual database field name. To locate a particular field, you can go to the preferences panel and select the object name from the listing at the top of the preferences panel. That will highlight the field on the layout (it may just show the handles if it is hidden). You can then right click on the field and select properties from the menu and the data tab will give you the database name for the field.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the information.  That helped me figure it out!