Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customizing Labels

Customizing Labels

I'm trying to create a custom label, because of size and positioning. How can I modify the "Name" to read first names first, when I have names displayed in my contacts with last name first??  I know it has something to do with the custom system field, but can't find any assistance. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Customizing Labels

A fairly simple process. First you need to add the First Name and Last Name fields to the label and name them something like FName1 and LName1 and then hide the fields. then add the cuatom field and ue the expression Custom1 = Fname1&" "&LName1 to print the name.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Customizing Labels

Thanks so much for your information!  I, however, don't know how to add/identify hidden fields, and didn't see where I could define "custom2".  I tried to duplicate what I saw on one of the pre-made label templates.  The last version of ACT I used was pre 2003, and have only been using it for letters and labels.  This version seems way too complicated, Aargh!