Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customize toolbox dialog box empty

lxp

Customize toolbox dialog box empty

I'd like to be able to add several command buttons to a layout.  I can open the toolbox dialog box by right clicking, however it's empty.  Is there a plug-in or something that is needed to make this functiona available?  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Customize toolbox dialog box empty

Hello lxp,
There should be a dropdown at the top of the tool box that you let's you select an element of the layout.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

lxp

Hey Greig,

Am I missing something?  Here's the screenshot but it doesn't have a lick for custom toolbox and when I right-click, I get an empty box.  Thanks.

sageact.jpg

Ok, I see what you mean. That box will not be populated unless you have created or loaded custom controls for the Toolbox. That is usually done with an add-on product or custom programming. So basically it appears that feature does nothing without custom controls. Is there something you are trying to do in the layout designer that you are not sure how to go about doing?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

lxp

Hi Greig,

I've made several custom tabs in the opprtunity layout (kind of using it as a project management platform).  I've got several contact name fields in the layout and would like to place the same kind of link to company button that's in the contact layout but for contacts instead.  Is this feasible?  Thanks!

Unfortunately, this is not possible, although I think there is an add-on that may allow you to create custom buttons like that. For now, you would need to click the contact link then add them to a company from their record.

Greig Hollister