Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customize Columns Reverts Back to Default

Copper Contributor

Customize Columns Reverts Back to Default

I've been using ACT since 1988 and the DOS days. I've always been able to customize the colums in the activities and the history for a specific contact. I still can do that, but it always reverts back to the default view with the record manager and scheduled with and all that stuff that I do not need.  I don't need a record manager or a scheduled with or anything like that since I am the only one using the program. I click save but that doesn't really do anything. Thanks.....
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Customize Columns Reverts Back to Default

What version (from Help | About)?
Are you using Option | Customise Columns in the Hist tab?
Copper Contributor

I am using ACT 2008, Windows XP, and Customize Columns from either the actual activities/history window by right clicking and choosing Customize Columns, or the View-Customize Columns column. Makes no difference where I change it from. The next time I look it always reverts back to the defauly view with all the headings including record manager and things that have no bearing on me. I want to have some of ther headings not showing and I'd like to have the regarding larger. It is more of a nuisance than anything, but I never had this problem in the past. It seems like every time the program starts it automatically reverts back to the default columns.

Thanks.....
Copper Contributor

I'd also like to mention that I am using the same version on a desktop and a laptop and synchronizing them. Don't know if that makes any difference or not? The desktop is the main and the laptop is the slave. Again, I am using ACT 2008 with a Windows XP operating system.

Do you have the same problem on both systems?
What version (from Help | about)?
If 10.0.0 can you update to 10.0.1?
Then open ACTDIAG - Tools | Delete Preferences
Copper Contributor

Yes, same problem, both desktop and laptop. I was thinking maybe the slave uses the preferences from the master.

Copper Contributor

I am using the latest version of ACT I am told when I click Help|Act Update. But I did open ACTDIAG and saw that but did not click on delete preferences. Should I try that? And thanks very much for the prompt help.

I would try it... just in case they were damaged. You'll have to re-do the prefs in ACT!, but hopefully only ones.

But, just the be sure - instead of trying to update is the version in Help | About = 10.0.1?
Copper Contributor

Hello,

I was able to open ACTDIAG from the Run Command and did go to Tools|Delete Preferences. So far, so good. Closed and re-opened the program a few times and seems to be staying as I have it set.

However, one last question. I have two databases. One that I currently use for the job I have now, and one from an old business/job that I still use. I just opened the other database and that is in the default view (activities/history view) with all the columns that I do not need/use.Any suggestions?