Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customization of Company Tree view

Customization of Company Tree view

Hi there!

As my Act! installation is in German, I'm not sure I'll be using the exact English terms - but hopefully it'll work:

I'm referring to the long vertical (and potentially hierarchical) list of company names in "Company" view (i.e. similar to Folders hierarchy in Microsoft Windows Explorer, if I may make this reference to explain ;-) ...), to the right of view the details of the selected company will be shown.

My question is if there is any way to customize this tree view in terms of which information (by default, i.e. currently, the company name, of course) is displayed here?

In particular I'd be interested to have this tree view instead of only showing the company name, to show something like "<company name> | <content of another company field>".

Is there any way or idea how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Silver Contributor

Re: Customization of Company Tree view

[ Edited ]

There is no way to change this as it is internally pre-set within ACT. Not aware of an add-on that would do this but others might know better..

@ch1p: Thanks for your swift reply! I was already afraid that the answer would be heading that direction ... Smiley Wink

But maybe there's still someone out there who might know how to do this magic! Smiley Happy

@yewewek: Thanks for this information! Unfortunately, as we're using a local/offline version of Act!, this won't work for me in this case.

Highlighted

Ch1p Is correct on this.  There is no customization of that menu as the control is limited in what information it can show.  If you need to have a company list with fields that are in that company, I suggest using the list view.  Any Addon would have to build an entirely new control, and I don't believe anyone has done it in that fashion.

You should suggest this as a future product feature to the 'Share your ideas' part of this forum.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://help.act.com