Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom tab history

Custom tab history

Is there a way that I can create a custom tab that will display a history of the entries in its fields?  I have a situation where our contacts can renew a product annually or change to a different product.  I would like to be able to access that history in either a report or by a lookup.  Can this be done in ACT 2007 for Financial Professionals?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Custom tab history

What you seem to be talking about is adding a one-to-many table to record that information. That can now be done with version 10.0.2. It is done through the Software Developer Kit (SDK). At present you can do the SDK programming yourself or get one of the add-on wizard programs that does the actual programming for you, you just define the fields that you want in the table.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Thank you for the information, and yes, that is exactly what I need to do.  What programming language does the SDK use? 
Nickel Elite Contributor

Unless you are into reinventing the wheel, I would suggest that you invest in one of the table generating addons that are in the process of coming onto the market. The one I am most familiar with sells for $59 per license. At present there are two or three such addons coming onto the market. Contact me off line for more information.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey Roy!

I am interested too!  It's about time ACT! started getting their "ACT" together. 

How do I get a hold of you offline?

-P

Message Edited by patgenn123 on 05-21-2008 09:59 AM
Copper Contributor

which program is that?
Tom David Moxam
Platinum Elite Contributor

The one I was referring to is call Tablemaker Pro.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129