Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom fields did not transfer

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Custom fields did not transfer

I had to move my ACT database from my laptop to my desktop recently deleting it from my laptop entirely.  Today, as I attempt to search the custom fields I had in the database so that I can send out my Christmas letter, I am discovering that these did not transfer onto the desktop.  I have done a lot with history, so I cannot just re-install the database, but I am assuming that there must be a way to retrieve this information.  (It has to be associated with the record, just not appearing.)  How do I do this?  This was one of the primary reasons I went with ACT, so this is extremely discouraging.  I look forward to your help! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Custom fields did not transfer

Make sure you are on the correct layout. ALso, go to Lookup, other fields. Do you fields show up in this list. If no, it is possible you didn't bring over the database you thought you did.  It's not possible to bring over a database and not all of the datawithin it.  So, if you are sure you have the correct database, most certainly your data is there somewhere.  Check that your are using the say layout you were using on the other machine. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Make sure you are on the correct layout. ALso, go to Lookup, other fields. Do you fields show up in this list. If no, it is possible you didn't bring over the database you thought you did.  It's not possible to bring over a database and not all of the datawithin it.  So, if you are sure you have the correct database, most certainly your data is there somewhere.  Check that your are using the say layout you were using on the other machine. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I could kiss you!  That found them.  Something did change will the layout, but at least the info is still there.

Thank you so much.  You have just made my day.

Jenn (Breathing a HUGE sigh of relief)