Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom fields and reports

TT

Custom fields and reports

Requesting guidance.  I cannot find needed info on the knowledge site htp://tinyurl.com/2t9vvh.  I have tried this two ways but cannot make it work.  I'm working with ACT! 2010

The result we need is to run a report that has each of the services a company could use.  The report would have be each individual service with the companies listed below with general information

We added a custom field on the company tab for a multi-select drop down.

-- When the reports run, it groups together all the services that were marked.  If a customer has Products 1, 2 and 4 marked.  

We want is the customer to appear on the report for Product 1 and on the report for Product 2 and the report for Product 4.  

What we get is a report section for Product 1, Product 2, and Product 4.  We also get reports for every possible combination of products

Any suggestions on dividing these out?

The alternate way we tried was to have YES/NO fields on the customer tab for each product.  It is still easy to make which products each customer could potential use.

How do I get only the YES's to appear on the report?  I tried a custom filter with yes for Product 1 OR yes for Product 2...

What we get is if a customer is marked yes on any of the Products they appear on a NO report for all the other products. 

We just want the yes’s to print

I would welcome suggestions on which of these options are the most promising or another suggestion that would provide the same results. 

Many thanks

Silver Contributor

Re: Custom fields and reports

If I am understanding your correctly, this is a report that would require a Reporting tool Like Crystal Reports.  With this you could specify the product on the fly and then group by that product in your report.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

Without examining your database and getting a better description of how you what the report to look, I can't make any meaningful suggestions. I suspect that the database might need to be changed to produce the results you want. It's also likely that some VB script programming would be required.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
TT

Thanks guys