Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom activity types do not save to custom toolbars , in the same database

Copper Contributor

Custom activity types do not save to custom toolbars , in the same database

Need a little help, trying to save myself a bunch of mouse clicks. I have custom activity types about 6 that I want to save to a custom toolbar or add to an existing toolbar. I can add the custom activity types to a toolbar but every time I close out of act!, And reload the same database the toolbar no longer exists and disappears. Is there a workaround so that I can have or save these custom activity types to a toolbar?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Custom activity types do not save to custom toolbars , in the same database

This maybe a problem with preferences not being saved. Below is an article about resolving this but what happens if you start ACT by right clicking and running as administrator and adding the items - does ACT now keep the changed?

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770/~/how-to-rebuild-the-act!-preferences-file

Copper Contributor

1st, thank you for your post and your effort to resolve my issue. Unfortunately this did not work. I tried to do this 3 times as administrator and still having the same behavior. Whenever I close out of the program the custom activity types does not stick to the custom toolbar. When I re-open the program, all of my settings are removed on that custom toolbar. The custom toolbar is there but it is empty. I am open to any other ideas or suggestions to resolve this.

Administrator

Hi Wizard,

Did you also try the steps in the KB under the heading Manually Rebuilding the Preferences? If not, please try these as well.
Copper Contributor

Okay that worked somewhat, Manually Rebuilding the Preferences, but not completely......

My custom activity types, I'm now able to save to the default toolbar. But if I try to save them to a custom toolbar, I still get the same behavior. The custom activity types will not save to a custom toolbar. But I can live with them being saved to the default toolbar.  if you have any other suggestions on how to save them to a custom toolbar, and get them to save when closing the program with the same database would be great. Thank you so much for the help.

Administrator

Hi Wizard,

I've ran some further testing and can confirm that custom activities seem to be having issues when saving when added to custom toolbars.

I've logged this for investigation as defect D-07172.

Please can you let us know what version of Act! you are using?

Copper Contributor

ACT Pro Version 17.2.217.0 Hotfix 2