Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom activities

Copper Contributor

Custom activities

When you schedule and clear a phone call activity, the "Last Reach" field in the Contact Detail view displays today's date. I'd like an incoming sales call to be a different activity. So I created it as a custom activity but I'd like it to also affect the "Last Reach" field.

As of now, of course, ACT recognizes "Incoming Sales Call" only as a custom activity.

Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom activities

The "Last Reach" field is hard-coded to be updated by a "Call Completed" result of the default "Call" type activity. Unfortunately, a custom activity will not be able to update that field. If you would like to see this added as a feature to an update or future version, please submit your suggestion as a Feature Request

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

This question is within the same vein as the previous question but different in this respect.  I want to create a field that will auto update based on a custom activity being completed.  My senario is this.  I created a custom field called "service call"  I use this to schedule my techs to my clients/projects(Groups).  I also created a field called "Last Service" within the layout of Groups, which is where I keep my projects.  I want this date to be auto filled when a service call that is bound to any client/project is completed.  I can't find anyway to do this.  I know it's there because it's just like a completed call auto filling "last reach" but how to do it?  Any ideas would be very helpful.

Randy

Bronze Elite Contributor

Out of the box, ACT! won't do this. I suggest that you contact an ACT! Consultant to help you with that. It will require some custom development but not that much, or an add-on product with custom changes.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog