Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Toolbars

Custom Toolbars

I'm helping a freind of mine set up his ACT database. We are running ACT!2008 Premium.

ACT resides on a 32 bit terminal server and all the users have been set up. We been entering info into the database for months without issues. We recently set up Custom Toolbars for Document Templates, I am trying to get those to show up on everyones computer but it seems everyone has a slightly different toolbar setup when they log onto Act.

Is there any way to globally change the appearance of the toolbars so that everyone is looking at the same thing????

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Toolbars

The toolbar configuration is a personal preference that is stored in each users preferences folder in their Application Data.  The path is C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\ACT\Act for Windows 10\Preferences.  You should be able to copy the toolbar preferences from one user's directory to the rest of the users to give them the same toolbar by copying over the ConnectedBars and DisconnectedBars files from that user's Preferences to the other users' Preferences folder.

NOTE: This will overwrite any existing customization to the toolbar that user has done.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.