Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Reports Help!

Copper Contributor

Custom Reports Help!

I am working with someone that is a Financial Adviser and he is using ACT Financial Professionals 2010. In the Financial Pro version there is a Family tab in the contact view, which allows you to enter up to 8 other family members to the main contact. He would like to create a custom report that will allow him to see the birth dates in order from Jan-Dec. of all the family members as well as the main contact.
After looking at the Birthday Report, it only allows you to sort the birth date by YEAR, not Month/Day. As a solution to this I created a custom field in the Personal Info tab called Annual Birth date with annual event properties. In this field he can list the birth date of the main contacts and record them as all 2010 dates, therefore when he sorts the list it will go by month/day.
Now my issue is that I am trying to commingle the family members as well as the main contact. To pull in each family member the code is "rn1", "rn2", "rn3", etc., if I created custom fields for each of these family members birth dates ex: "rn1anbd", "rn2anbd", "rn3anbd", I would then need to commingle the data from "annual birth date" and all the "rn1anbd's" to be able to sort all birthdays from Jan-Dec. I do not know how it is possible to combine all these birthday fields to sort them by an order. Is this possible to do? Is there an alternative route? The only solution I can think of would be to have 9 reports, 1 for the main contacts, then one for all of family members 1, all of family members 2, all of family members 3, and so on. This seems to be very inefficient using a program that is supposed to save you time for him to check 9 different reports just to see a birthday.
If you know of any other solution please advise me!

Copper Contributor

Re: Custom Reports Help!

Another thing I thought that would work, would be to create a record for all the family members and assigning them all an annual birthday. Then creating relationships to link the contacts in the relationships tab. My issue with doing this is that you would cluster your database, possibly tripling your record quantity. Its a shame the program offers the family tab, but it becomes useless if you do this.