Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Report

Custom Report

Hi,

We use a custom report to print out various account details. It used to print out one page per account, but now it's printing out one page per contact for each account. How can we go back to how we had it? If an account has multiple contacts, we just want them on one page.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Report

Hi Greg,

what did you change? (update act, (from what version to what version))  update Windows, (from what version to what version), Update / Installed  any other things?

Regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Bronze Elite Contributor

I doubt that an ACT or Windows update would have changed the way the report displays the information but stranger things can happen.

1 - Are you really sure this is the same report?

2 - Has someone been editing the report and messed it up? If so find a backup of the database before this happened and restore as - new database name - and then copy the report over to your database.

3 - Are you running the report using the same lookup as before?

In the Company Comprehensive report it shows Subreport: [Contacts]. When I run that, a company with multiple contacts are all placed on that one page. That's what we want to happen on our custom report. I don't have Contacts as an option in my custom report when I try and add a Subreport.

Platinum Elite Contributor

First, the ACT! reports are effectively unchanged since ACT! 2007 so if the report once worked and no longer works, the report template had to be modified in some way. To troubleshoot your issue I would need to examine the actual report template. The solution may be simple or complex but it's impossible to tell without examining the actual report template. Custom reports are typically database specific so that any troubleshooting of the report template would need to be done on the database where it's used. From your posts I believe your custom report is a contact table based report and as such you can't add a contact subreport to the template.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Our custom report pulls most of the info from a tab we added to the Companies section.

We used to print them out all the time and it would show multiple contacts in our Contact Information part of the report. But now it prints out a duplicate report for each contact linked to that company. Very annoying.

Should I just take a pre-made report that has Subreport Contacts already in it and edit the rest around it to look like ours below?

Custom Report Editor.png

Platinum Elite Contributor

I looked at the template screen shot you sent and the way the template is designed it's printing the way it should and would have printed that way since ACT! 2007. That's caused by having a mix of company and contact fields in the detail section. To get the report to print the way you want the contact fields would all need to be located in a subreport. The process of modifying the report template isn't hard but does required a good knowledge of the report designer.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129