Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Recurrence of Activities

Copper Contributor

Custom Recurrence of Activities

Hey All,

I am using ACT! 2010.  I seem to recall in past versions that one could customize an activity's recurrence.  In 2010, I can't seem to find that capability anywhere.  What I am trying to do is create an activity that recurs the first and third Wednesdays of every month.  Does anyone know how to do this in ACT! 2010?  Grateful for any feedback.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Custom Recurrence of Activities

Looks like what you would need to do is create two activities that are identical.

Create one with a monthly recurrence set to the First Wednesday of the month, and then in the second, set it to recur every third wednesday...

Copper Contributor

Scott,

Thanks.  I could certainly do that.  But unless I am mistaken, and I don't think I am on this, one used to be able to create custom recurring activities like this in previous versions of ACT!  I'm wondering why Sage would have gotten rid of this feature.

Copper Contributor

Scott, one other thing: The word 'Consulting' is spelled incorrectly in your signature.

Platinum Super Contributor

When creating the activity, click on the Recurrence tab and then select 'Weekly'.  You should then see the check boxes for selecting days for the meeting.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg,

Thanks so much for the reply.  But that doesn't do the trick either.  It'sa little hard to explain here, but I'll try.  While weekly scheduling allows you to create activities at regular intervals from each other, some months have 5 Wednesdays, etc.  I only want my activities (meetings, in this case) to be on the first and third Wednesdays of the month.  Believe it or not, earlier versions of ACT! had a custom scheduling option that could create activities such as this one.  Any other ideas?

Again, thanks for the reply.

Irving Salzman