Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Opportunity Report not working correctly

Custom Opportunity Report not working correctly

Hi,

I have a list of 5 opportunities associated with 4 different contacts in my database.  I created a custom opportunity report template that will list 4 columns:  the company name, project name, sales value, and estimated close date.

When I go to ACT and click "opportunity list", all 5 opportunities show up fine.  I highlight all 5 opportunities, then I go to  Reports>Opportunity Reports>Other Opportunity Report and then open my custom report.  In the Define Filters window under the General tab, I can only create the report for "All Companies".  I cannot create the report for the "current company" or "current lookup" because they are grayed out (not available).

Therefore the report ends up being 35 pages with lots of blanks, and all I need is a half-page report showing my 5 opportunities.

This seems like a very simple problem but I can't find the solution.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Opportunity Report not working correctly

That template can't be fixed and needs to be completely redone. You have a company based report template and you need either a contact based report template or an opportunity based report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

the template I created is an opportunity based report template.  I renamed it "Forecast".  Am I missing something?

Yes. The fact that the general tab has selections for companies indicates that the template is company based. You imply that you started with one of the standard report templates (a practice that I discourage), my guess is that it was the Opportunities by Company which is a company based report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Ok, yes, I think it was an "Opportunities by Company" report.  Can you recommend a template I should start with?

Thanks!!

It would be best to start with a blank report template and build the report that you want rather than trying to modify an existing template. You would want to start with a blank opportunity report template.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129