Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Opportunity Layout is not in the Design drop down options

Highlighted

Re: Custom Opportunity Layout is not in the Design drop down options

That is correct.  No updates were done prior to that showing up.  As an FYI we have more than one ACT Database that we use and I copied and pasted this exact same layout into the other datebase Layout folder and it doesn't show up in that one with the new name.

Highlighted

If it is possible could you provide some screenshot examples of the issue. Showing what they look like withing the Layouts folder as well as within Act.

Highlighted

MN Database Screenshot Layout folder.jpgMN Database Screenshot of Layout options.pngTR Database Screenshot of Layout folder.jpgTR Database Screenshot of Layout Option in Database.jpg

Highlighted

Thank you for the screenshots. it is very odd.

Could you try in the Minnesota database go to Tools > Design layouts > Opportunity layout. once in here open 101216 layout and go File > Save As and rename the file slightly differently.

Would like to see if it will make the change.

Highlighted

Oh boy that just created more issues....  when I did that the new file (which I called 080917 Opportunity) shows up HOWEVER it is not the same file as the one I originally opened and did a file save as on.  The new file 080817, which should be an exact copy of the 101516 file, is missing a bunch of drop down options

080817 Screenshot.png101616 Screenshot.png

Highlighted

as the 101516 file mapping the fields correctly as the layout was copied from another database it wouldn't normally map the fields and would need to recreated by double-clicking on the Field